Re: [HD] Administrivia: list name change

To: "'hammered dulcimers'" <hammered_dulcimers@lists.fmp.com>
Subject: Re: [HD] Administrivia: list name change
From: "Foss, David L" <DFOSS@amfam.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 19:50:42 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
Sender: hammered_dulcimers-bounces+hdlist=bobcatos.com@lists.fmp.com
Bob,

hdlist@hammered-dulcimers.org      is fine with me.  Thanks for dealing with
this.

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: hammered_dulcimers-bounces+dfoss=amfam.com@lists.fmp.com
[mailto:hammered_dulcimers-bounces+dfoss=amfam.com@lists.fmp.com] On Behalf Of
Bob McClure Jr
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2012 2:43 PM
To: HD List
Subject: [HD] Administrivia: list name change

I've been informed by our list host, Lindsay Haisley of FMP Computer
Services, that in the near future, our list will be moved to a
different server.  Associated with that will be a host name change
from "lists.fmp.com" to our own "hammered-dulcimers.org".

If that's all we do, our list address will be
"hammered_dulcimers@hammered-dulcimers.org", which is rather long, not
to mention redundant, and potentially confusing regarding which part
gets the dash and which gets the underscore.  Lindsay says this might
be a good time to change the left side of the address, as well, and
suggested choosing one from the following:

        players@hammered-dulcimers.org
        hd@hammered-dulcimers.org
        list@hammered-dulcimers.org

Because my mail client, by default, saves mail to a mailbox ("folder"
to you Win droids :-) based on the name to the left of the "@", I
would also suggest

        hdlist@hammered-dulcimers.org

so that any list traffic I save will go to the "hdlist" mailbox.

What are your preferences or alternate suggestions?

I don't know what my deadline is, but I propose to make a decision by
Saturday.

Cheers,
bob@bobcatos.com             http://www.bobcatos.com
If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any
comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any
tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being
like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose. Do
nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility
consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not
only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.
Philippians 2:1-4 (NIV)