[HD] Mapping and chord theory for the Hammered Dulcimer - 3rd Edition

To: hdlist@hammered-dulcimers.org
Subject: [HD] Mapping and chord theory for the Hammered Dulcimer - 3rd Edition
From: Kenneth Kolodner via Hdlist <hdlist@fmp.com>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2018 23:16:46 -0500
Sender: "Hdlist" <hdlist-bounces+hdlist=bobcatos.com@fmp.com>
--- Begin Message ---
To: hdlist@hammered-dulcimers.org
From: Kenneth Kolodner <kenkolodner@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2018 00:16:39 -0400
Hi Folks:

This book summarizes a vast amount of material that is vital to a broad understanding of the layout, patterns, and chord theory that are foundational for playing the hammered dulcimer. The hammered dulcimer is in many ways unique as a visual/spatial instrument. We can significantly accelerate our mastery of the instrument via thorough knowledge of the patterns. Much like a guitarist uses chord patterns, we can do the same. This book focuses on the spatial nature of the hammered dulcimer and integrates chord theory with the purpose of gaining mastery of the organization of the instrument. The charts and diagrams are supported by brief discussions of supporting theory.

Spiral bound and printed on heavy stock paper for repeated reference.

For every concept, the book using charts supplemented by a discussion page:

Shortcuts for learning the notes
How to see intervals on the hammered dulcimer
The circle of fifths organization of the hammered dulcimer
The circle of fifths and relation to chord movement
Scales (four critical methods) and location of duplicate notes
Root and inversion patterns
Derivation of three note chord patterns (three right and three left hand patterns)
Understanding triads
Root arpeggio patterns (five common patterns)
Combining arpeggio patterns to play the full range of arpeggios
Definitions of various types of 7th chords
Patterns for 7ths chords on the HD
Theory of secondary dominants
The Secondary Dominant Pattern

If you have previously purchased one of the earlier versions of the book, email me at kenkoloner@aol.com
All purchasers of the book will receive PDF updates of subsequent editions.

--- End Message ---