[HD] Mystery of Modes Boston June 8-10, and Dallas/Ft Worth Nov 2-3

To: Hdlist@hammered-dulcimers.org
Subject: [HD] Mystery of Modes Boston June 8-10, and Dallas/Ft Worth Nov 2-3
From: Karen Ashbrook <mail@karenashbrook.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2018 17:11:15 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:reply-to:sender:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=GcJ5MDyk7mZw89iz01Y0oPUXZoVfAdszbOXpxryMEac=; b=dAVUt4u35rE20csj9qz31pp7U8lXuLO/lGlfA2YGqkf3tbzL3BF5h/0HtwEVFU6JCS BgByefBBvQdGeqK03pI1AkL4BFaXraJRTti66BnXsXt0Kn1mWg7VwTPg1LPYjGnhKglh G/fR8uMjn9YIhA8CZzZo5TAIZp1CjfuCmxMYHnDodgvCZayrKtoGLtmFxZONN93SlRjC F4i9bewjU6cUo72gZ26YXrr0EdN+M8V3z/H3aAp6oHC9a/c7fUl66i7fvSwPyDH7jLTm /wnYzgYedK/6Hmj+6szt17uB7bePmV2OLW7cwUG1/GkxIjukDBwctnTi76tGZ0rlD+e2 RJyw==
Sender: "Hdlist" <hdlist-bounces+hdlist=bobcatos.com@hammered-dulcimers.org>
There is still room in the Mystery of Modes Workshop in the Boston Area June 8-10.  I now have the page up for the Dallas/ Ft Worth workshop which will be Friday-Saturday November 2-3, 2018.
For 2019 I'm looking at taking it to Salt Lake City in March and possibly Atlanta, GE later in the year.  This is an uplifting and magical weekend, with lots of playing ideas too!
The Mystery of Modes Workshop
<https://www.karenashbrook.com/lessons/mystery.html> in 2018:
🌸Auberndale, MA (Boston area)
<https://www.karenashbrook.com/lessons/mystery_ma.html>June 8-10  (residential & commuters -- Fri night through Sun midday)

🌸 Irving, TX (Dallas/Ft Worth area ) November 2-3, 2018 (starts Fri midday, ends dinnertime Sat. This will be a commuter workshop.) https://www.karenashbrook.com/lessons/mystery_tx.html

This workshop will focus on really understanding the difference in sound and chord progressions between modes, how to take a tune and use it to transition into another mode, and improvising off the chordal structures of the different modes, plus a few good pentatonic scales and and use of a lovely ostinato bass.
This workshop will:
• help Celtic and Old-timey musicians understand the scales and chords used in traditional music
•give the musical foundations needed for aspiring therapeutic musicians
•further enhance the musical tools for certified therapeutic musicians

The workshop is geared to hammered dulcimer and harp, but other instruments are welcome and will both enjoy and benefit. The workshop offers 10 CEUs for therapeutic musicians for a small additional fee.

Schedule, cost and other details for the Boston workshop can be found at http://karenashbrook.com/lessons/mystery_il.html*
Register by March 1st for  a $50 savings!

Feel free to contact me with questions!
*Please post and share this with anyone who might be interested. *
Thank you!
Karen Ashbrook, CMP
301-655-0103
Mystery of Modes https://www.karenashbrook.com/lessons/mystery.html
Music for the Spirit
https://karenashbrook.com/musicforthespirit/index.html

We had an amazing weekend in Downers Grove, IL in November.
17 students including 13 harpers, a singer, hammered dulcimers, flute, violin, and more attended!

Here is what participants have said about the Mystery of Modes Workshop:
*"The weekend was a superb learning experience from a truly gifted
teacher. Karen's instructional style is wonderfully clear. Without
forcing the matter, she creates a natural community among the learners.
She has both the sensitivity and the ability to meet the needs of all
participants. When the event ended, from the finest professional musicians among us to those of us less seasoned but truly wanting to grow, we were eager to get home and keep at it. Furthermore, we all had a memorable amount of fun!" **Steve Doughty - Greenville, SC*

*"This is the best workshop I've ever attended. ... Essential concepts and building blocks were presented in a variety of learning styles, providing a wealth of ideas and inspiration to carry forward!"
**Bill F.*

*"I felt confident enough at the end of the class to begin experimenting by taking tunes I already knew and experimenting with variations of modes to increase variety and interest in the playing of those old favorites."
**Lori Y.*--  http://karenashbrook.com

                                                                                                   Music is the mediation between the intellectual and sensual life.
--Beethoven