[HD] Really sad news

To: hdlist@hammered-dulcimers.org
Subject: [HD] Really sad news
From: Paul Goelz <paul@pgoelz.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2018 23:33:30 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; q=dns/txt; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=pgoelz.com; s=default; h=Content-Type:Mime-Version:Subject:From:To:Date:Sender:Reply-To: Message-ID:Cc:Content-Transfer-Encoding:Content-ID:Content-Description: Resent-Date:Resent-From:Resent-Sender:Resent-To:Resent-Cc:Resent-Message-ID: In-Reply-To:References:List-Id:List-Help:List-Unsubscribe:List-Subscribe: List-Post:List-Owner:List-Archive; bh=u+fe3gGvsTLksHk4eQ/071T1kFQq9Gv9PFNuRoflWlE=; b=qHtMjcCrH1vRuT2c4qAime++eL Rq4IEuIVHRsQNDj8/yXxb52cxv7gGScr4nO6v6JsB40UxELG9Jg5LrvRP00QKBa61D1muHZ6yLKc4 TtEQ1gWXQ0jZ/Osed88e+TBBz;
Sender: "Hdlist" <hdlist-bounces+hdlist=bobcatos.com@hammered-dulcimers.org>
Hi Evart friends,

To say I feel gut punched doesn't come close to covering how I feel tonight after finding out that our friend David James died yesterday from a heart attack. David played dulcimer, fiddle, guitar, whistle, keyboard and who knows what else ;) He visited Evart many times, most recently last year. He was a workshop leader performer and enthusiastic jammer and was one of a small number of dulcimer players I know that in my opinion had his class 1 "Irish license" ;) Not everyone can play Irish on the dulcimer and keep the essential "Irish" feel. David could, and won in the all Ireland competition in 1989 and 1995.

http://www.tiompanalley.com/

http://www.tiompanalley.com/index_files/AboutDJ_files/DJ_Dulc17_1.jpg

Anyone who knew David (and I knew him for more than a quarter century) knew that he approached everything.... music, teaching, politics, life, friendship..... with humanism, enthusiasm and a principled passion. He was an example for us all. Rest easy, David. I'm glad I knew you!

Paul

Paul Goelz
Rochester Hills, MI
paul@pgoelz.com