[HD] The Sandbridge Scholarship Fund in Honor of Adie Carlyle

To: hdlist@hammered-dulcimers.org
Subject: [HD] The Sandbridge Scholarship Fund in Honor of Adie Carlyle
From: Kenneth Kolodner via Hdlist <hdlist@hammered-dulcimers.org>
Sender: "Hdlist" <hdlist-bounces+hdlist=bobcatos.com@hammered-dulcimers.org>
--- Begin Message ---
To: hdlist@hammered-dulcimers.org
From: Kenneth Kolodner <kenkolodner@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2018 14:09:45 -0500
Thanks to the generosity of many folks, scholarships are available to attend The 14th Annual Sandbridge Hammered Dulcimer Retreats (and beyond). If you know of anyone who would be a good candidate (including yourself!), please contact me directly. Please don't be shy! Any age is appropriate for this opportunity.

We started the fund this past fall with a talented young player attending: Chaeli Smith from NC. Listen to Chaeli play with her teacher Marylynn Van Deventer at http://www.sandbridgedulcimer.com/scholarship.html

We have named the fund in honor of Adie Carlyle who attended Sandbridge for many years and so much loved the experience, the people and learning. She really epitomized the spirit of Sandbridge which I started to provide a challenging, intensive and really fun learning experience in a lovely environment with good food and lodging! Last night, many folks tuned into the Facebook Live tribute concert with my friends Robin Bullock, Elke Baker and I. This gathering was held to pay tribute to our love and friendship forAdie who is in hospice.

You can see the show on The Sandbridge Hammered Dulcimer Retreat facebook page or an edited version (with tune titles) at this link https://www.dropbox.com/s/qr4i7rnldx20rk8/AdiesConcert.mp4… My disclaimer: this was a hastily put together, no setlist, unrehearsed informal "concert" with my slightly out of tune HD. But the point was to be there for friends and family of Adie who watched every second via Facetime.

The Spring retreat is full - Adie is sending a player in her place - but there is likely some space for the three fall weeks. Or think about 2019 - it is not too early!

Ken

Kenneth Kolodner
kenkolodner@aol.com
410-746-8387