[HD] More April Tunes

To: Hammered Dulcimers <hdlist@hammered-dulcimers.org>
Subject: [HD] More April Tunes
From: roguecello440@mac.com
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2017 19:09:21 -0400
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=mac.com; s=4d515a; t=1490828965; bh=m7RZhPeKdcwQDk0Csy++XTNwJJm1G6ry242lpMLq6ww=; h=From:Content-type:MIME-version:Subject:Message-id:Date:To; b=aqFjxGCHHkC/ayXabmRhNCHfftp97KgUHSydpmRykbV4J2xupqV+qY3+5anPKT3kD KzKbk7s8PVpkQjECi7dOyxdlFGZZHs2nH4eu89U6tex6i0RTQumBboT5eZ2VVof+dZ 1MGbBnhjyZhVKDud5zCK/ox0cHVpdvyFeviv36JhbVCHA1QXcQXPKsHQj3ys4mcajJ ordn754s8demw+3rtiq5+6WaFOa7s3TnnLSK525X2VIHr9sCiqWWmsC4ef+B0G+wjs GM+BE5NAGM4WfhcQOojFmgxxA7ZrL/G5I9+4Uc2o4qNBotfaiVBYNvdxOCV4zMeJUB oK+CrfWWYAulA==
Sender: "Hdlist" <hdlist-bounces+hdlist=bobcatos.com@hammered-dulcimers.org>
I put up a couple more tunes on the Kitchen Musician site.
http://www.kitchenmusician.net/

For Fool’s Day, I had forgotten to put up the Colonel Bogey March, which was
written about a real English Colonel, who loved golf and who had a habit of
whistling instead of shouting “Fore!”  The theme was whistled in the old movie
“Bridge on the River Kwai”.  For April Fool’s Day, there are parody lyrics:
“Comet, It makes your teeth turn green.
“Comet, It tastes like gasoline.
“Comet, It makes you vomit,
“So try some Comet, and vomit, today.”

The other is a bit more serious.  It’s Colonel McBain’s Reel from Robert
Bremner’s 1769 Collection of Scots Reels and Dances.  McBain’s is in three part
harmony - two treble clef and one bass.  The original is in G minor, and with
that version, I included Bremner’s dance instructions.  Since a lot of dulcimer
players do not like flat keys, there is also a version in D minor - mixolydian
mode, with no sharps or flats in the key signature.  There is one pesky B flat
in the melody though.  The sheet music for both version is in the form of a png
file.  Hopefully everyone can read png; it’s been around for a few years now.

Several years ago, we recorded Col. McBain’s Reel in a mash up with a Bach two
part invention on our Neuantics CD.

Maynard Johnson
Kitchen Musician Website
http://www.kitchenmusician.net/