[HD] SCDH Harvest Festival of Dulcimers Oct. 1-2, 2016 with Cathy Barton

To: Hammered Dulcimers <hdlist@hammered-dulcimers.org>
Subject: [HD] SCDH Harvest Festival of Dulcimers Oct. 1-2, 2016 with Cathy Barton and Dave Para
From: Barbara Gershman <bgershman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2016 01:06:05 -0700
Sender: "Hdlist" <hdlist-bounces+hdlist=bobcatos.com@hammered-dulcimers.org>
Hi All,
We’re holding our 22nd SCDH Harvest Festival of Dulcimers, Oct. 1 in Costa
Mesa, CA.  Special guest artists are Cathy Barton, leading the hammered
dulcimer workshops, Dave Para, multi-instrumentalist, also teaching and
performing and Robert Force on mountain dulcimer.

We have 29 hours of workshops scheduled, including 'Other Instruments'
(autoharp, banjo, ukulele, bowed psaltery, guitar, drum circle), singing and
hammered dulcimer Apps.  The free Mid-Day concert includes 7 performances by
regional dulcimer groups.  The ticketed evening concert will feature Cathy,
Dave and Robert.

Indoor jamming, Coloring for All Ages souvenir activity, food for purchase on
site, and vendors round out the day.

Focus Workshops will be held on Sunday, Oct. 2, 10am - 2pm.  Cathy and Dave
will be teaching ‘Carp Camp Tunes’ at a private home in Fullerton for hammered
dulcimers and all acoustic instruments.  Robert Force will be teaching in
Downey.

Weather change is predicted for festival day for a near perfect 77 degrees!

Hoping to see you at the festival next Saturday!
Barbara Gershman
VP Southern California Dulcimer Heritage nonprofit
Please check out all the festival information at
http://www.scdh.org/SCDH/2016_Festival.html