Re: [HD] flying with HD. Thoughts?

To: "hdlist@hammered-dulcimers.org" <hdlist@hammered-dulcimers.org>
Subject: Re: [HD] flying with HD. Thoughts?
From: Nate Pultorak <natepul@live.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2016 16:13:49 -0400
Sender: "Hdlist" <hdlist-bounces+hdlist=bobcatos.com@hammered-dulcimers.org>

I have done this before with Southwest between Chicago and Atlanta. You would call the number of the airline you are flying with in order to get the ticket together. It worked great with southwest, but I’m not sure how other airlines are with it. As far as securing your dulcimer, do you know those seat belts the flight attendants use to show you how to buckle up? They are actually extenders meant for the heftier customers of the airline. One of those, and the dulcimer is secure (I did this with my Cloud Nine 17/16/8). You might get a little bit of grief from the employees as you take your instrument onto the plane, but stand your ground. Aviation law has got your back: they have to let you take it on. Here are some pictures from when I flew. https://1drv.ms/f/s!AmVUD7V-gMBvgXI-GIUTt76Z3G8R

God Bless,

Nate Pultorak