Re: [HD] Player-less hammered dulcimers on Austin City Limits

To: hammered dulcimers <hdlist@hammered-dulcimers.org>
Subject: Re: [HD] Player-less hammered dulcimers on Austin City Limits
From: Gibboney Vicki <dvgib@atlanticbb.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2015 22:57:00 -0400
Sender: "Hdlist" <hdlist-bounces+hdlist=bobcatos.com@hammered-dulcimers.org>
Thanks for sharing that.  I didnât get to see it last Saturday.  Kind of freaky, wasnât it.
Vicki

On Oct 28, 2015, at 9:59 PM, Rob Angus <raangus@charter.net> wrote:

Did anyone else see last Saturday's Austin City Limits? It featured Don
Henley (formerly with the Eagles). He did a tune from his recent album
called "Praying for Rain." It got my attention because during the setup,
stage hands brought out two hammered dulcimers and set them up, one on
either side of Don's microphone. Surprisingly, that's all I saw - two
hammered dulcimers. As they performed the tune, the cameras panned all over
the stage. The dulcimers were occasionally seen off to the side when the
camera was on Don. But, no one was playing the dulcimers! During the chorus,
dulcimers could be (faintly) heard chiming a bit. At the end of the tune,
they showed the whole stage, including the two hammered dulcimers standing
all by themselves. All I can surmise is that they used the track from his
album, which also has hammered dulcimers on it. The credits at the end of
the show listed Bonnie Carol and Dana Hamilton as hammered dulcimer players.
But, they certainly didn't appear on the show. It was weird. Ghost hammered
dulcimer players! Suitable for Halloween? If you'd like to check it out, you
can see the show at http://video.pbs.org/video/2365590389/. "Praying for
Rain" is near the end.

Rob Angus
Birmingham, AL