[HD] Spring Sandbridge Dulcimer Retreat â April 2-9, 2016; and Fall 2016

To: hdlist@hammered-dulcimers.org
Subject: [HD] Spring Sandbridge Dulcimer Retreat â April 2-9, 2016; and Fall 2016 dates
From: Kenkolodner--- via Hdlist <hdlist@hammered-dulcimers.org>
Sender: "Hdlist" <hdlist-bounces+hdlist=bobcatos.com@hammered-dulcimers.org>
--- Begin Message ---
To: hdlist@hammered-dulcimers.org
From: Kenkolodner@aol.com
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 22:08:37 -0400
Full-name: Kenkolodner

Hello dulcimer friends:

I am pleased to announce that I have added a spring week (April 2-9, 2016) for intermediate/advanced players to my 12th Annual Sandbridge Dulcimer Retreats. Registration is open for all weeks (www.sandbridgedulcimer.com). As in previous years, I will run three weeks in the fall in Sandbridge Beach, VA. Around 60 players from 23 states attended over the recently completed three weeks. The return rate is very high from year to year (ranging from 75% to 100% depending on the week). If you are considering attending, please let me know ASAP. There are likely 4-5 spots open for the spring week.

The workshops are held in a very large ocean front house (twelve bedrooms, nine bathrooms, three kitchens) overlooking the Atlantic Ocean (see http://www.sandbridge.com/rental/house.html?ID=224).

Participants stay either in very nice private or shared rooms (mostly private) in the main house or an adjacent ocean front five bedroom house.

Here are the dates for all weeks:

NEW WEEK!! April 2-9, 2016 (Intermediate/advanced week)

DATES FOR FALL 2016

September 25-Oct 1, 2016 (Intermediate week)

Oct 2, 2016-October 8, 2016 (Intermediate/advanced week)

October 9-15 2016 (Advanced week)

  • Minimum of 5-6 hours of daily group instruction
  • Informal instruction plus âstructuredâ and informal jamming
  • Development of technique, arranging and accompaniment skills, application of basic and advanced chord theory, improvisation and much more
  • Written music for all âunarrangedâ and âarrangedâ versions for all music
  • Summary DVD
  • All meals included with dinners prepared by a chef
  • Warm enough to swim in the ocean which is just a stumble outside our front door
  • Hot tub
  • Spouses/guests are welcome for a modest additional fee
  • Dulcimers provided for those flying (MasterWorks, Rick Thum, SongBird, Dusty Strings)

For further details, contact me directly or visit my website www.sandbridgedulcimer.com. To ensure the fit, I approve all participants.

Thanks!

Ken

www.kenkolodner.com