Re: [HD] What tunes do you play in your area?

To: Hammered Dulcimers <hdlist@hammered-dulcimers.org>
Subject: Re: [HD] What tunes do you play in your area?
From: Sara Johnson <kitchiegal@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 11:58:00 -0400
Sender: "Hdlist" <hdlist-bounces+hdlist=bobcatos.com@hammered-dulcimers.org>
Dave Lovelace points out that not all folks are involved with  the same kinds of music, whatever region they live in, so you really need to talk also about your specific genre of music.  We live in Cincinnati, but the hammer dulcimer is no longer as popular in the area, so we haven't played with any groups here for years. But we also come now from background of paper-trained musicians, contra, historical, Irish, Scottish fiddle music and Scottish dance. We've spent several years now doing 18th century music, so if there are any reenactors out there and you are passing through the southern Ohio/ Indiana/ Kentucky area, give us a call….and we have lots of music to swap if you are interested. Been doing historical dances or entertainment for small groups, and also have connections with Colonial Williamsburg and a couple of historic sites in this area, so give a holler if you are passing through our area and/or need a tune or a spare pewter button for your knee britches…..  (Favorite tunes??? Knives and Forks, One Wife is Enough For Me, Rhyban Morfydd, and The Blackbird…..)

Sara  and Maynard Johnson