Re: [HD] House Concerts

To: Hammered Dulcimers <hdlist@hammered-dulcimers.org>
Subject: Re: [HD] House Concerts
From: Ted Yoder <91strings@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 23:03:28 -0400
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=from:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:mime-version:subject :message-id:date:references:in-reply-to:to; bh=rCQPi3Ga6KslsLbCkvcBkMiXcspydV4neUCMeyvwY2c=; b=fMCxIhoqZGETFY7IV+vWAO/CrsplkVfynlRS+76ws4B4PmCGUC2CvCIDht8LR5us4N 2Hb2b2r4MMA15VV/+hRtuq3HKM/V3l0Ev60iG8Iyv5fLVaZ8eyLpdGxub1awMlmTFphZ 3uD087n/2KC8p25vXSS9/VC/+Cmi9pQMBW71DJSmDNCAJrR3l9Svi0LAE20ePtj2iypr mOPeFXxtELyb2rLVE3esQKpHJhlpOsJwOjUMFTSB1cApTNGZW/PuicSrrkBBJRz1LNSm eBdgSRdJzPmFoIDR99JGoq2YzfTuFX81j1e4j4po7TsxbOFNgRQQAFdPpKD21qCvLDka gSig==
Sender: "Hdlist" <hdlist-bounces+hdlist=bobcatos.com@hammered-dulcimers.org>
Hi Tammy,

I've hosted a few house shows and I give house shows all the time so I thought maybe I could pass on what we've done and what I tell others who host me.

1. I come for free and it's a donation based concert. If however the host does not feel comfortable asking their friend to donate then a set fee is talked about. Most of the time it's just mentioning the donation at the beginning and end of the concert.

2. I encourage the host to make it their own. It's their house and their friends so they can put the spin or flavor they want on it. They usually have anywhere from 15-40 people come. Some end up moving to a church, outside, or community building.

3. I'm not sure what you mean about safety measures. Usually you're just inviting people you know and the host is along for the ride. It's basically a party with entertainment so it can happen outside or inside and be as elaborate as you like.

Hope that helps.

Ted Yoder

"To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable." Beethoven

Sent from my iPhone