[HD] What tunes do you play in your area?

To: "Hammered Dulcimers ListServ" <Hdlist@hammered-dulcimers.org>
Subject: [HD] What tunes do you play in your area?
From: "Heli L. Roosild" <heliel@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2015 21:53:52 -0600
Sender: "Hdlist" <hdlist-bounces+hdlist=bobcatos.com@hammered-dulcimers.org>

Several years ago (now), I moved from Northern Virginia to New Mexico (Albuquerque, to be exact). And one thing I learned pretty early on is that different areas of the country seem to have different “old favorites” that they play.  While I wasn’t surprised by a difference between Virginia and New Mexico, I was surprised to discover that even between Colorado and New Mexico folks, the “common” repertoire differs.

I was reminded of this today by Theresa Gebauer’s lovely, descriptive post about the different tunes played at jams at Evart. (Theresa, I wish you’d named some of those tunes “we all learn but … hardly ever play now.”)

So I was wondering…. What are the, say, 5 favorite tunes in your neck-of-the-woods? (And please be sure to identify your neck-of-the-woods along with your tunes!)

~Heli

(Ms.) Heli L. Roosild

Albuquerque NM