Re: [HD] CD packaging thoughts

To: cribet@frontier.com, Hammered Dulcimers <hdlist@hammered-dulcimers.org>
Subject: Re: [HD] CD packaging thoughts
From: Linda Lowe Thompson <linda@lindalowethompson.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2015 12:46:44 -0600
Sender: "Hdlist" <hdlist-bounces+hdlist=bobcatos.com@hammered-dulcimers.org>
I'm in the process of recording all my CDs onto the computer and onto the IPOD.   After one of the sons did that, he gave away all the CDs.   I'm not to the point where I can bring myself to do that, at least not yet.   BUT, I really do like the thinner sleeve with no plastic, just on general prindciples.   What about using a really interesting color for the sleeve, so that I could identify it, even though it doesn't have a "spine?"   Maybe that would satisfy the people who feel they need a spine.   For me, just get it out and I'll get one and enjoy it.   Probably from the IPOD.   My ears are deteriorating about as fast as everything else, so I'm not discerning subtle differences in sounds.

Looking forward to hearing it, Karen.
You'll never please everyone.   Just please yourself on this one and trust that we'll all end up getting a copy.
I'm in, for sure, and people who enjoy good dulcimer will end up getting it, whether it's their favorite packaging or not.

Best Wishes
Linda