Re: [HD] Music download format

To: hdlist@hammered-dulcimers.org
Subject: Re: [HD] Music download format
From: "Rob Angus" <raangus@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2015 11:30:03 -0600
Sender: "Hdlist" <hdlist-bounces+hdlist=bobcatos.com@hammered-dulcimers.org>
Also, some vendors offer the choice to download music in FLAC format. It is
CD quality. Windows Media Player, but not iTunes (of course), will play
music in this format. You can download a free app that will convert FLAC to
MP3 if you need it for some other player. You can also get an app that will
convert FLAC to ALAC, an equivalent lossless format that iTunes supports.

Rob Angus
Birmingham, AL

PS And, speaking of "CD quality", why the heck don't vendors offer music in
24 bit audio instead of the 16 bit required for CDs. I record my stuff in 24
bit and can hear a distinct loss in quality when I have to dither it down to
16 bit to put on a CD. We aren't in the 20th century any more. Let's move
on.