Re: [HD] tone conditioning?

To: Hammered Dulcimers <hdlist@hammered-dulcimers.org>
Subject: Re: [HD] tone conditioning?
From: G N via Hdlist <hdlist@hammered-dulcimers.org>
Sender: "Hdlist" <hdlist-bounces+hdlist=bobcatos.com@hammered-dulcimers.org>
--- Begin Message ---
To: Hammered Dulcimers <hdlist@hammered-dulcimers.org>
From: G N <certhiaxis@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2015 12:56:39 +0000 (UTC)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s2048; t=1425301162; bh=DdTy+HbSXApJXSyIyuszYtYJA50ZLef44kdTBzfPS5w=; h=Date:From:Reply-To:To:Subject:From:Subject; b=FDCzWywVXLGCePrvWphsHqhx4reuRG6xpiL0DETVXd0RmZ9VYKP2vrS31DhWucNIPcILnEuA8Ckv2DDLAOAxkdaY1iJpAQDjzDTAkfXj7wUhWgDK0NwNpFyZvR/ctQGal3iq549ZfOZ+KUKKQiInppJHxXzRXSp7hnJiLDOW9vdW9YTEOEyoQO0tcj8vCj3rTv6wRdT+zmhcIjZVEd2K8c2N91Hvkgcl/Sy3iIY2BF7RGZeped+uBIr3dFZk+FzalbCy1lbdfWGO+WQ+5VaQQhBJt5rtmwz0Q4n2jQFE0z9zvsGz7k417s8Pq2VLI1q0cInXu52Fl1C187Ri9Yoepw==
Actually to me this sounds like snake oil. from a scientific point of view, it is impossible to test the stuff to see if it actually works. there are too many variables, the main one is that no two instruments are alike. second how is "tone condition" measured?  since there can't be a baseline study to compare it with there is no way of determining if there is an "improvement". my suggestion would just be to play an instrument as much as possible. even that i doubt has any real science behind it.