[HD] THE 13TH ANNUAL Pocono Winter Dulcimer Fest!!!

To: "HD_LIST" <hdlist@hammered-dulcimers.org>
Subject: [HD] THE 13TH ANNUAL Pocono Winter Dulcimer Fest!!!
From: "Norm Williams" <dulcinut@ptd.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2014 21:41:13 -0500
Sender: "Hdlist" <hdlist-bounces+hdlist=bobcatos.com@hammered-dulcimers.org>

Announcing… finally…

the 13th Annual Winter Dulcimer Fest!!!

January 16th, 17th, 2015

featuring

Andy Young and Stephen Seifert!!!

Hammered Dulcimer Faculty: Andy Young, Cliff Cole, George Nixon, Dave Reber, Brett Ridgeway, Russ Rentler

           …and this year’s Master class - with Jon Weinberg

Mountain Dulcimer Faculty: Stephen Seifert, Sam Edelston, Dave Fox, Kristin Gitler, Ellen Pratt, Kim Jennings, Bob Mallalieu, Jonah Talbott, Carol Walker, Norm Williams…and this year’s Master class – with Nina Zanetti

1.         Our Venue – the East Stroudsburg United Methodist Church, 83 S. Courtland Street, East Stroudsburg, PA 18301 - Phone: 570-421-3280 (Location-directions).

2.        Our Hotel agreement - with the HAMPTON INN, 114 S 8th, Stroudsburg, PA 18360 -  Phone (570) 424-0400 - Single/Double occupancy - $119.00/room/night + tax - Call in your own reservations by January 10th, but remember that earlier is better. Be sure to ask for the “Pocono Dulcimer Club festival” rate.

3.        Our great classes: Note our Master Classes;  also not the Discovery tracks this year – if you know brand new players these MD & HD instructors will give them a solid foundation on their instruments… lots unique offerings this year also…

Links for registration form, workshop offerings and descriptions are posted on our festival website along with information on our faculty.  I am also attaching a printable registration form (pdf format). There will also be, of course, regular email updates as we get closer to the festival.

Some FAQ’s:

·         Costs:

o   The festival package (includes Fri eve, all workshops and the concert) is $50.00 before January 10th… after Jan 10th its $60.

o   Non-package: $15 per workshop.  Concert alone is $10

o   Lunches, Tees and loaner instruments separate

  • Mountain and Hammered Dulcimer Workshop Levels: these are designed to guide you in your workshop choices.

o    Discovery (No Experience) – We have a 4 session track for both hammered and Mountain dulcimer

o    Beginner (has a little experience with the dulcimer, but needs more help with the basics; may be familiar with basic strumming and fingering, can play simple melodies and a few basic chords in DAA and/or DAD tuning)

o    Novice (starting to make 3-finger chords, ready to try a different tuning and a few left-hand techniques; can read basic tablature)

o    Intermediate (has experience playing in several different tunings, familiar with chords and different right and left-hand techniques; Exploring various tunings and embellishments.)

o    Advanced (is comfortable playing in a variety of styles and tunings; the accomplished musician, ready for more challenging techniques and repertoire.)

We look forward to a seeing many old friends and making many new friends this year.

Norm

PDC’s Winter Dulcimer Fest

PDC on Facebook

Dulcimer_snowmen_cropped - small pic