Re: [HD] Christmas Music

To: Hammered Dulcimers <hdlist@hammered-dulcimers.org>
Subject: Re: [HD] Christmas Music
From: Kathie Hollandsworth <luraedythe@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2014 12:04:24 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=FAEhfRFZtKXiPlVhY+wMEOc7YKAo47n//KBKTgDO40Q=; b=0zlBZIlTE9TJBqKbgtnLUX+w/elWab2FZmRnZgf1fjnRlbD5pXO76dI8zOQnmzwU9A nfXTBeaAKR3/YDNhkWtxVvIPP5n/80sEmWbJ088S1rEnxTMMgyXX4RQt7gdcqoOjcjCx ZV8UjgPftWpHFtwXm6l9WDs50smIkqsRa7u3+nCP7ZP/+6Z33tKIMcxf6KOkb4geq6+V vcZpd91oSQScVBdsKZ3W1PfFjYGV0PMFDtmXzKf9hRrGBD7yqG+hXzE4V7QFQk/zXcO/ tL/8fWbOwLkFDXV3tSJx2K/i4w66HeqjO50q/Gug3RdrbvgN3CHmWTWqO2+sMUtO8gik NM5w==
Sender: "Hdlist" <hdlist-bounces+hdlist=bobcatos.com@hammered-dulcimers.org>
An alternate tune for "O Little Town of Bethlehem" is the tune "Forest Green" which is very easy and do-able on HD. And the tune "Ash Grove" of course has been set to the text "Let All Things Now Living" so you could extend Thanksgiving meaning into Christmastide with no qualms I'm sure!

Sussex Carol, The Snow Lay on the Ground, Go Tell it on the Mountain, People Look East, Huron Carol, Rise Up Shepherd and Follow, Lo How a Rose, Once in Royal David's City, On This Day Earth Shall Ring (Personent Hodie), Infant Holy, Infant Lowly - all these are quite accessible and not in the "mainstream" of things heard over and over.

Kathie

John and Kathie Hollandsworth
700 Tower Rd.
Christiansburg, VAÂ 24073