[HD] Ted Yoder In Concert - Lehigh Valley October 19th / Nutmeg Dulcimer

To: "HD_LIST" <hdlist@hammered-dulcimers.org>
Subject: [HD] Ted Yoder In Concert - Lehigh Valley October 19th / Nutmeg Dulcimer Festival - Milford, CT October 24-25
From: "Norm Williams" <dulcinut@ptd.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 07:55:49 -0400
Sender: "Hdlist" <hdlist-bounces+hdlist=bobcatos.com@hammered-dulcimers.org>

Two great events in the Northeast!!

On Sunday, October 19th National Hammered Dulcimer Champion, Ted Yoder,

will be coming to the Lehigh Valley

to perform at the Macungie Institute, located at 510 East Main Street, Macungie, PA

Ted is an extraordinary musician and songwriter winning the 2010 National Hammered Dulcimer Championship. He has since toured the country performing and teaching at hammer dulcimer workshops and festivals as well as recording 4 CD's. Not only an incredible master of the hammered dulcimer, he is also a fine singer and sings original ballads as well as telling great stories about his life and journeys.  Opening for Ted will be veteran performer of the Lehigh Valley, multi-instrumentalist and singer/songwriter, Russ Rentler.

Concert begins at 3 PM

Admission is $10.00 at the door.

And from Sam Edelston………………………………………………………………………

Dear friend of the Nutmeg Dulcimer Festival

Do you like hammered dulcimers?  This is going to be a vintage year for them at Nutmeg.  Playing by ear … improvisations … hand interdependence … fiddle tunes … Bach … damper pedals … and much more … plus a full lineup of workshops for beginners.

Mark your calendar for Friday-Saturday, October 24-25, and come see:

·         Ken & Brad Kolodner … Ken is a consummate hammered dulcimer artist and teacher.  Years ago, I used to hear his group, Helicon, on the radio regularly.  I’ve learned a lot from Ken – and the only reason it took us so long to book him at Nutmeg is that the neighboring festivals kept booking him!  I’m really eager to hear what he does with his son, Brad, who is a formidable multi-instrumentalist in his own right.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGosb3ZxxvQ

·         Stephen Humphries … I’ve heard him do percussive music, lullabies, improvisation, and even a Michael Jackson tune.  He’s a past National Champion.  He did an album with Dan Landrum, and before that was a student of Mark Wade.  This will be Stephen’s first time performing in the Northeast.  http://www.stephenhumphries.com/Stephen_Humphries/Music.html

·         Ted Yoder … Another past National Champion.  (I was in the audience when he won, and in my opinion, he was clearly above the rest of the field.)  He does great arrangements of songs, as well as original compositions.  In addition, Ted will be one of two hammered dulcimer vendors at Nutmeg this year.  http://www.tedyoder.com/videos

·         Robert Wadsworth … You probably haven’t heard of him, but I think he’ll be a real treat.  I own two CDs by him, filled mostly with works by Bach, Tchaikovsky, and many composers in between.  (He also does fiddle tunes and originals.)  I’m looking forward to meeting him in person for the first time.  http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/RobertWadsworth

·         Tim Van Egmond, long-time hammered dulcimer player in the dance band Swallowtail, and also a folk singer and storyteller.  Brett Ridgeway, who teaches and performs on several instruments, far and wide, coming to Nutmeg for the first time.  Curt Osgood, who plays hot dance tunes and ragtime in upstate New York – who was at Nutmeg in 2006, and then had schedule conflicts for the next 7 years.

·         Deb Justice, who helped us start Nutmeg, and is now doing a post-doctoral fellowship in music.  Cliff Cole, who has led more Nutmeg hammered dulcimer workshops than anybody else.  And Rich Carty, who will be the other hammered dulcimer vendor.

Oh, and of course, we’ve also got more than 25 mountain dulcimer workshops (featured artist Jeff Hames, Nina Zanetti, Carol Walker, and much more), and several additional workshops on other topics.

Click here for our registration form and Full schedule

And I hope to see you at Nutmeg.  We’ll have fun!

Sam Edelston, Chair

Nutmeg Dulcimer Festival

Norm

Pocono Dulcimer Club