[HD] Maggie Sansone - A Hammered Dulcimer Collection

To: hdlist@hammered-dulcimers.org
Subject: [HD] Maggie Sansone - A Hammered Dulcimer Collection
From: "maggie" <maggie@maggiesmusic.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2014 09:49:07 -0400
Sender: "Hdlist" <hdlist-bounces+hdlist=bobcatos.com@hammered-dulcimers.org>
Hello, I'm happy to announce a new CD  release- A Hammered Dulcimer
Collection ( MM113) now available on my website. It is a compilation of some
of my favorites, as well as requests by students.  where the dulcimer stands
out. There are solos such as  Shule Aroon where the arrangement presents the
basic tune, then, explorations in various octaves as well as improvisatory
fills using  pentatonic scales,  Variations on Pretty Girl ending in
rhythmic variations; also  duos with Al Petteway  known for his new- age-
open tunings finger style guitar and Sue Richards on Celtic harp. The
mastering engineer for this project was Charlie Pilzer ( Airshow Mastering
Takoma Park) who also is producer on many recordings I have done. He created
a few new remix/ masters where we extracted the hammered dulcimer solos from
larger medley's on: Scottish Lullaby Set and the  Breton Dance Set as well
as Irish Reel Set- Tyrone March and Cooley's. The three  improvisations
included were played on the spot in the studio and  inspired by my Persian
santur studies.
'
 you can visit the album page to hear samples of every track. there is sheet
music available for most of the music as well.
  http://www.maggiesmusic.com/products/mm113.html

Also, another new cd in the works with all new material - Celtic Christmas
with Irish singer Patrick Egan, fiddler Andrea Hoag and Sharon Knowles on
the Celtic harp.

---
is active.