[HD] hammer dulcimer cart

To: hdlist@hammered-dulcimers.org
Subject: [HD] hammer dulcimer cart
From: "ptommerup@juno.com" <ptommerup@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2014 19:44:52 GMT
Cc: ptommerup@juno.com
Sender: "Hdlist" <hdlist-bounces+hdlist=bobcatos.com@hammered-dulcimers.org>
I've seen Eileen's converted jogging stroller, and it seems a reworked stroller
of this sort is a brilliant solution! It looks to be very stable, adaptable to
many kinds of walkways and even "off road" use. The brakes are a nice touch,
too!

My own solution is a bit simpler, but also pretty effective for my usual needs.
I generally use a folding shopping cart for "urban" and "suburban" use--one of
those very light weight vertical ones that folds and unfolds very easily &
quickly, is exceptionally light weight, and easily fits in my trunk and leaves
lotsa room there for other stuff (like folding chairs, other instruments, etc.
Shopping carts like this are made of wire. Mine has steerable wheels and is
just big enough to fit my Dusty Strings D-300I hammered dulcimer, a mountain
dulcimer in a hard shell case, a folding HD tripod sorta stand, a board on
which the mountain dulcimer sits upon my lap,. I can also slip in my folding
chair under the cart handle and strap it on. The fact that the cart is vertical
and the instruments fit vertically within it makes it very easy to fit through
doors and roll through restaurants, pubs, houses, etc. Note: it works best on
flat level surfaces, as it isn't designed for all terrain use. I don't
recommend it for rolling over gravel, dirt, heavily cracked and warped
sidewalks, etc.
Message: 1