Re: [HD] music device

To: "Hammered Dulcimers" <hdlist@hammered-dulcimers.org>
Subject: Re: [HD] music device
From: "PS" <pamelajo@bright.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 11:52:59 -0400
Sender: "Hdlist" <hdlist-bounces+hdlist=bobcatos.com@hammered-dulcimers.org>
Hi Vicki and all,
I use ForScore to store my music on my ipad.. I donât know much about other programs, they may be as good. I just donât know about them. Forscore is user friendly and that is what I am after.
With in ForScore I have started Genres for sheet music and then  one for Ukulele tab. Within my Genreâs the music scanned or sent to Forscore will go to a âno Genresâ category and then also  to âAll scoresâ .. All scores stores it all until deleted from Ipad.  The âno Genresâ  is an easy place to find new transfers/new downloads to ipad.  I then go in and change genres to appropriate area.  ie uke music.   I separate them because when you get a lot of files, you wont want to be wading through all your sheet music to find a uke tab.
Also when putting them in, I name them very specifically.. ie Boil Dem Cabbage, Key D,  uke, Joe blowâs version.  That way you can find what you are looking for. You may have 4 versions of a certain song but one may have wonderful chords or be an advanced version.  You can name the song anything. Boil Dem Cabbage harmony etc.
I used to use unreal book.. it is ok but some files that I want to transfer from an email wont download into unreal as easy as ForScore.
Also in Forscore I start Setlists.  ie if you come home from Evart and want to remember and practice those new songs. When you scan them in, put them in a new song set list. or if you have been to an extended workshop you can put them in a specific workshop set list.
Some folks start set lists by key.  I started a setlist of classical sheet music for HD etc. also Christmas tunes etc.
Hope this helps. I know enough to be dangerous but would be glad to try to help if you have questions.  Will be at Midland
Pam

Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2014 10:42 AM

Could I ask HOW you store your music on your iPad?
Vicki