Re: [HD] program info

To: Hammered Dulcimers <hdlist@hammered-dulcimers.org>
Subject: Re: [HD] program info
From: Barbara Gershman <bgershman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 08:56:27 -0700
Sender: "Hdlist" <hdlist-bounces+hdlist=bobcatos.com@hammered-dulcimers.org>
Hi Janis,
Your type of program might depend on the size/ composition of your audience.
People are generally interested in the possible origins, migration and integration of the hammered dulcimer into cultures around the world.  Don't forget the HD coming to Jamestown and then the lumberjack piano.

Also, can include photos and print outs of artwork that include the hammered dulcimer.  Can assemble in a notebook to pass around or in individual plastic sheet protectors to share if projection is not an option.

I had a booth at a middle school Renaissance Faire last week.  Students were very interested in learning names of parallel instruments in their cultural origins.  I had 2 smaller HDs for them to try out and samples of tunes with note names as helps.  They loved the hands-on experience.

Gather resources:
Google 'hammered dulcimer'
www.scdh.org - Southern California Dulcimer Heritage website I manage has a page under 'Resources' outlining some info. on hammered dulcimers as a starter.

Best wishes,