Re: [HD] James Jones dulcimers (was Instruments available)

To: interrobang@yahoo.com, Hammered Dulcimers <hdlist@hammered-dulcimers.org>
Subject: Re: [HD] James Jones dulcimers (was Instruments available)
From: Lone Stickman <lonestickman@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 11:57:08 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=O/G0iLyHQXfT84gO5JLn31KJ3spmRLJNOPhLgP14wo4=; b=n83WiZPpeji7ufmry0m0nI5wPITIpfDd2MX9fxSon4H/XMRX5WydMDhpa96rAqsogc nkEM/8yO/F8bxKjClvOksu0LseN0Bi7c0LycnsvB9BQ+aTBSdDuVMTt9vorYldNkiteo nI3gw6SgWUlKzQ+JpxMIkNiaWFD9PkvsEatJ5e6rqIcUD5f/U7iAvSHmieOjWAvPX89A Kr8U1lWKEoMzcB8MlSr6CssURfR32lIzZS5+qX/SesZKAckDKJdZoYTsExFP3/6Ik7e8 E+xCl9HihjNt7Jhbz7O/lSoRIXt68GVbBk9Kc3NLD2PqVluT30c+l3+xuTOJf0bZW4xE swew==
Sender: "Hdlist" <hdlist-bounces+hdlist=bobcatos.com@hammered-dulcimers.org>
First off, people perceive things differently, so if you want to at least hear recordings, James has many on his website, including some very impressive ones from Jem Moore.

I think of there being two main branches of dulcimer with the attached soundboard, and then the dulcimers with floating soundboards. One branch sounds more bell-like (Lee Spears, Russell Cook/Masterworks), and one sounds more piano-like (Dusty Strings, Nick Blanton/Sam Rizzetta).

I find the Jones instruments to be in the more piano-like, but with some of the bell chime. I like my custom Jones very much.