[HD] Louisville Kentucky - Candlelight at Locust Grove

To: Hammered Dulcimers <hdlist@hammered-dulcimers.org>
Subject: [HD] Louisville Kentucky - Candlelight at Locust Grove
From: Maynard Johnson <roguecello440@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2013 19:28:01 -0500
Sender: "Hdlist" <hdlist-bounces+hdlist=bobcatos.com@hammered-dulcimers.org>
For any of you in the Louisville KY area, on Friday and Saturday evenings,
December 13 and 14, Sara and I and fiddler Michael Thompson will be playing at
historic Locust Grove Mansion, in the upstairs ballroom. Hammered dulcimer,
cello, record and fiddle, all of which have to be lugged up a narrow 1790s
staircase. I may lead some a capella Christmas songs in versions from long ago
- like an 18th century "God Rest Ye" and a 1790s "Twelve Days" set in A minor.

The year will be 1816 and reenactors will be portraying members of the Clark
and Croghan families and their neighbors.  (Some of the relatives are
Revolutionary War hero George Rogers Clark and Captain William Clark of "Lewis
and Clark").  http://www.locustgrove.org

Maynard Johnson
www.kitchenmusician.net