Re: [HD] Songwriter or Finale & Noteworthy Composer

To: "Hammered Dulcimers" <hdlist@hammered-dulcimers.org>
Subject: Re: [HD] Songwriter or Finale & Noteworthy Composer
From: "Michelle Terry" <mhterry@tidewater.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2013 09:30:18 -0400
Sender: "Hdlist" <hdlist-bounces+hdlist=bobcatos.com@hammered-dulcimers.org>
I've used Noteworthy for many years and have been pretty happy with it as a not very literate music person. Since I play a lot in church, many of the hymns we play are on NetHymnal (formerly Cyber Hymnal) in Noteworthy format. Saves me a lot of time entering the music. A bit of clean up for our use and then I can transpose to a dulcimer friendly key when necessary. What I find frustrating is having the enter to Chord names using Insert/Text which do not update when one transposes to another key. If there are any Noteworthy users out there that can tell me a better way to enter chord names, I'd appreciate some help. Otherwise, it's great for simple use. It doesn't do Mountain Dulcimer tab. For that I use TableEdit.

Michelle
-----Original Message----- From: Jon Weinberg