Re: [HD] Hammered Dulcimer vs Cimbalom

To: hdlist@hammered-dulcimers.org
Subject: Re: [HD] Hammered Dulcimer vs Cimbalom
From: Paul Beck <moose@speakeasy.org>
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 20:30:01 -0700
Sender: "Hdlist" <hdlist-bounces+davelovelace=gmail.com@hammered-dulcimers.org>
Hi, Roland --

In case you still haven't found a cimbalom string layout to look at, I've put
up a quick-and-dirty one on the web here:

http://www.polygigamous.com/cimbalom/tuning_chart.jpg.

This is for a full-range, concert-size instrument. The C at the bottom of the
treble bridge is middle-C. Octaves on the chart are color-coded so that all the
notes within a single octave are the same color. If you're interested in more
detailed info, let me know.

As far as construction goes, that's a more complicated topic. I can point you
in the direction of a builder if you like.

- Paul