[HD] Two New Tunes

To: Hammered Dulcimers <hdlist@hammered-dulcimers.org>
Subject: [HD] Two New Tunes
From: Maynard Johnson <malcognition@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 18:57:33 -0400
Sender: "Hdlist" <hdlist-bounces+davelovelace=gmail.com@hammered-dulcimers.org>
We were out rambling around in the Wild West (Scottsdale, Arizona, Goldfield,
Tortilla Flats, superstition Mountains, etc.) and didn't get new tunes for June
brides up at http://www.kitchenmusician.com until today.  Just as well. They
are of questionable value for weddings.

"The Bedding of the Bride" is a Scottish dance tune from the Collection of
Captain Simon Fraser.  According to Fraser, it is to be played for the wedding
guests to dance at the post-nuptual festivities. And the title does not refer
to the sheets and pillowcases given as wedding presents.

"My Wife's a Wanton Wee Thing" is a jig and a song from Scottish poet (and
sometime fiddler) Robert Burns.  It might be called a lament by a henpecked
husband.

If anyone on the list is going to the Jink & Diddle Scottish Fiddle School, the
music for this year is also on the website.

Maynard Johnson
Kitchen Musician Website
http://www.kitchenmusician.net/
Jink and Diddle School of Scottish Fiddling
http://www.kitchenmusician.net/jink/jink.html