Re: [HD] Mount Airy and Galax

To: HD List <hammered_dulcimers@lists.fmp.com>
Subject: Re: [HD] Mount Airy and Galax
From: Kitty Myers <taoenigma@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 11:52:47 -0400
Sender: hammered_dulcimers-bounces+hdlist=bobcatos.com@lists.fmp.com
I used to have a list of nightly jams in the area (I lived just a few miles
from the Blue Ridge Music Center) and there were jams every night of the week
but Sunday. But I moved nearly 2 years ago, so don't keep up with it. If you're
there during the week, there may be a jam at the Andy Griffith Playhouse in
Mount Airy on Thursday, and there was always an old-time jam on Wednesday at
the VFW in Hillsville, VA. For Celtic, there is session on the first Friday of
the month in Floyd, VA at Oddfellas restaurant. You could stop in at Barr's
Fiddle Shop in Galax and ask if there is any music going on.  ~Kitty~