Re: [HD] New Orleans Information

To: hammered dulcimers <hammered_dulcimers@lists.fmp.com>
Subject: Re: [HD] New Orleans Information
From: Kathie Hollandsworth <luraedythe@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 10:30:57 -0400
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=2kJxUKDym2mKNLv8noA+6wFD8m/M8wa5Kt/N6/sLTxY=; b=ck9t9p//m3J8qYQZVDc3gEYv10mqPGJiqHDSyXct7VJhR5D7p+NvU356yXgiF+SyCd +SqaXSTQM8tiwY7hmDM9CqqkVG5YlmN5yUiKjIMuT0eoB66MF5wwsGUKi5pxUQtaPQUS LRvKF8uiJEvszj0R5BSyMi19h722iB0gbzcpcgdinP5nzfFebqpANNYsTAzcqQzrxZQ1 C9GCQGkk0ss9eobZfbbzMUzC5jbVJvJZyfTkiK8pRrDMc5XjGH3Kg/2Sl3FcOo7A5DlB 1eQ8tOYzXQx149ESwc2oz3ucBSusjIOk5vyfzDY0oCOWu1JRO8XsSnhKuZpGHBVcQgTP +Gmg==
Sender: hammered_dulcimers-bounces+hdlist=bobcatos.com@lists.fmp.com
Hi everyone - I just answered Vicki privately, but then thought others
might want to know about these things in case you're ever in southwest
Virginia and want some local culture :-)

For Mt. Airy and Galax, the answer is, it depends on when you're there. But
you should definitely take in the Blue Ridge Music Center on the Blue Ridge
Parkway, which is roughly between the two.  See their website at
www.blueridgemusiccenter.org. They're open from 9 to 5 daily, there is a
museum, and also they have midday music (people playing in a breezeway)
from noon to 4 besides their Saturday night concerts and other events.  They
are a stop on the Crooked Road - www.thecrookedroad.org, which includes
lots of southwestern Virginia places to see - but again, you have to watch
which day of the week to get events.  The Floyd Country Store Jamboree, for
example, is loads of fun, but only happens on Friday night.  Likewise, the
Rex Theater shows in Galax.  Most jams in the region happen one night a
week.

Exit 14 on I-81, a little bit further southwest, has Heartwood, a great
place to see Virginia crafts, musical instruments, great food, etc., etc.
www.heartwoodvirginia.org.

I'm not as familiar with events in Mt. Airy, but you can see things like
the Andy Griffith museum, the Snappy Lunch diner, etc.
www.visitmayberry.comhas a full calendar of what's going on.

--
John and Kathie Hollandsworth
700 Tower Rd.