[HD] flight friendly HDs

To: hammered dulcimers <hammered_dulcimers@lists.fmp.com>
Subject: [HD] flight friendly HDs
From: Karen Ashbrook <mail@karenashbrook.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 13:28:47 -0400
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:reply-to:sender:date:x-google-sender-auth:message-id :subject:from:to:content-type; bh=F96bEfq6kInDO5QwZC4pRKV/jILFVhu+kLjTdxmPvMY=; b=TsPyWy+TAOZoRJWUsF/r//Aatej4RV4/EaJDpcro0Fh4z4xqIorfrEeMxoUZTnpBKe C+L+rKIM4Fj0BGQziT03dsM9nZ/hP5mLBGFpVfxaLhIE566pUaraZYFBLcBEracwTqG1 wRj50i0v4FNhOLitxBqQRjV3mtTvGuSxcMO3jtYaOBOKvij+P/JwsFXKexa90lv/POM6 fbWmeyZmZlW9AkHLP6ebfqhKGk1UMPYUseAs8LbuafCKY+w1nYj2JEoUIG23WwKbER9p ds4vge+loJe01touguCTRcpyGOKOunvyG1ugl2Tu4yqqOJ/NIxx+dOBwz2J1ZlpYVVQl uhHA==
Sender: hammered_dulcimers-bounces+hdlist=bobcatos.com@lists.fmp.com
I fly a few times a year with my Blanton compact (4 octaves, middle 3
octaves are fully chromatic) as carry on. It always fits in the Southwest
Airlines overhead as long as you are in the first boarding group, even into
about half of the 2nd boarding group.  You can now pay a little extra to
have them do early check-in for you. (If you check in yourself, you pretty
much have to do it right at the 24 hours prior mark and even then you
sometimes barely make it in the first boarding group.)  You can also check
2 bags for free on SW.

The compact fits in the overhead of almost all big airplanes. On the
international flights I still take it onboard but they have changed the
shape of the overheads and I usually have to put it into the coat closet.
It is very, very rare for me to have to gatecheck it.

Yes, Blanton and Rizzetta compacts are high end HDs and there is a bit of a
waiting list, but they are fantastic instruments!  The best money I've
probably ever spent :-)
(a happy customer!)
Karen