Re: [HD] Flight-friendly dulcimers?

To: hammered dulcimers <hammered_dulcimers@lists.fmp.com>
Subject: Re: [HD] Flight-friendly dulcimers?
From: Lone Stickman <lonestickman@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 08:29:17 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=lNbp2u/m+DEvlnvIVkqa8vzupznUk7nNPnZraOhHzpw=; b=XZW1TX/BwwCR5ypsUHadopZl2SsmlVBob7Ek2fXN6TXAbIQ3ZsZTM6Kf4xV9rgAhml 8F/HnzEv3NsHBNvV64SxLASp/pezR/S3vog4qd5YA6KdAZDXQgKwlf4jsk81lXKY+w6a XNAJORO2+t9YYZ42Qci8Gy3mX1C0C21nz7U9UvI/DRAsXV/TfaRMtbiA6YLPDzJ358Wa OXij9v2niMsUDPtphoLu1ZgUX8pq5IvaCbCX32FlNkQMMJkV2OswPaj0UGgwffyGX7hE UYBzwMSt5SqLBPTnYgcVbT4MDFj+xBjg6p384MMYP4qojoef94ZHsGsMQDzb0gqb62cY t0UA==
Sender: hammered_dulcimers-bounces+hdlist=bobcatos.com@lists.fmp.com
Hi, Deborah!

I love the Dusty Strings D300, but like everyone here, I always missed the
low Eb3.

I had James Jones build me a small travel instrument, modeled on the D300,
but having not only the Eb3, but also going up to A6. It has the same
top-end configuration I originally requested on my Juggernaut, built by
Steve Raschella, and the only missing note is G#6.

James Jones 2/14/13/8 travel
dulcimer<http://www.jamesjonesinstruments.com/hammereddulcimer/images/8-2-14-2-11.jpg>

Page with a brief description of the 2/14/13/8, second instrument
down<http://www.jamesjonesinstruments.com/hammereddulcimer/hd-odd.html>

It's a touch smaller than an Apprentice, and it's chromatic enough for my
sensibilites. It will fit into a bow case.
Although all my instruments have their extended bass bridges on the left, I
can understand that coming down to personal tastes. However, it's not much
different from being at the top right end and reaching down and left for
Eb4, or being on the left of the treble bridge and reaching up and
right for Bb4 or Eb5.

Whatever you choose, good luck!