Re: [HD] Irish Tune sources

To: "hammered dulcimers" <hammered_dulcimers@lists.fmp.com>
Subject: Re: [HD] Irish Tune sources
From: "Theresa Gebauer" <tgebauer@carolina.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2012 12:04:38 -0500
Sender: hammered_dulcimers-bounces+hdlist=bobcatos.com@lists.fmp.com
    I can't recommend any brand over another.  But size matters.
The 10 inch pad can be placed vertical on a music stand and you will see two or three tunes that make up the set on one screen. I looked at our guitar player's pad and found the music to be quite easy to see from a distance. My pad is the 7 inch size. Easier to carry but you only see one tune at a time. Usually for me one tune out of two or three is all I need. The size is smaller and you place it horizontal to make it large enough to read. If you go vertical you can see multiple tunes but they are too small to easily read. That said even the 7 inch pad is easier to read than a bunch of aging Irish musicians peering at a cell phone screen trying to look at a tune a patron requested that we normally do not play at public sessions.
    theresa

-----Original Message----- From: Gibboney Vicki