[HD] Irish Tune sources

To: hammered_dulcimers@lists.fmp.com
Subject: [HD] Irish Tune sources
From: "Theresa Gebauer" <tgebauer@carolina.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2012 10:09:28 -0500
Sender: hammered_dulcimers-bounces+hdlist=bobcatos.com@lists.fmp.com
     Thanks Peter for your link to Mike Longâs King Street session book.  We
promptly added it to our collection of resources.
     Since thoughts of music in March turns to Irish music here is the link to
our Celtic session playlist which includes PDFâs of the tunes our group plays.
Be aware, we also include some Scottish, Cape Breton and Shetland tunes but
most are Irish.

http://www.folksociety.org/celticsession.shtml

     For players new to Irish music, we grouped our tune list with a, b, c.  a
tunes are ones we decided are easier to learn and very common.  Players wanting
to expand their repertoire can look for tunes b â d.
     I recently got a small tablet computer and my husband put PDFâs of our
regular session tunes on that.  If I want I can pull up tunes I have not yet
learned and play chords.  No carrying notebooks anymore.
     One guitar player uses his ipad online to pull up our web site and list
the tune sets we play for his chords.
     Our Celtic session take place in Charlotte, NC.  We are a welcoming open
group.  We do accommodate music readers by playing pre-determined sets of
tunes.  Any other open Irish sessions in Charlotte we start a tune, about three
times through someone calls a key and we have to listen and jump to the next
tune.  Both approaches have advantages and disadvantages.
     theresa