Re: [HD] playing HD outdoors in rain or damp

To: hammered dulcimers <hammered_dulcimers@lists.fmp.com>
Subject: Re: [HD] playing HD outdoors in rain or damp
From: Theresa <tgebauer@carolina.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 00:26:48 -0400
Sender: hammered_dulcimers-bounces+hdlist=bobcatos.com@lists.fmp.com
I have played under those easy up shade structures in fairly moderate rain with
good success. Set up in the center if possible but keep an eye on the center
seam. After awhile it may begin to drip. Have a towel strip to slide under the
strings to wipe drops off before you case the dulcimer.  Take a small sheet of
plastic to cover and protect your case.  My experience the dulcimer stays
pretty dry but the case is close to the tent edge and gets wet.
Modest rain your audience will be thrilled with anything you play.  Don't sweat
the tuning chances are they will tune to you.  Just tap your a note.  They
should catch on and tune to you.
You will know when to quit. Your audience will run for cover.
Thunder and lightening do the smart thing. The organizers should advise you
with schedule changes and weather delays
Have a good show.
Theresa