Re: [HD] HD technique terminology

To: hammered dulcimers <hammered_dulcimers@lists.fmp.com>
Subject: Re: [HD] HD technique terminology
From: Maynard Johnson <roguecello440@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 19:25:04 -0400
Sender: hammered_dulcimers-bounces+hdlist=bobcatos.com@lists.fmp.com
Linda, For some reason the term "Valley Roll" makes me think of one of those
inductive reasoning questions:

California Girl is to Valley Girl as California Roll is to Valley Roll

But a Valley Roll is not some kind of sushi made in the San Fernando Valley.

I would agree with you on borrowing "flam" but using the term to mean something
it does not mean in percussion terminology.  But at least it would be better
than borrowing something like "double tonguing" from wind instrument
terminology.

Maynard Johnson