[HD] HD CD Lessons

To: hammered_dulcimers@lists.fmp.com
Subject: [HD] HD CD Lessons
From: "fbridgeway@juno.com" <fbridgeway@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2011 15:56:17 GMT
Sender: hammered_dulcimers-bounces+hdlist=bobcatos.com@lists.fmp.com
I haven't put up an information in a while for our CD Hammered Dulcimer
Lessons, so I thought I'd put out a small blurb for anyone interested. Go here:
http://hammerdulcimer.homestead.com/Lessons1.html for CD descriptions, samples,
references, and ordering instructions. If I can be of any help, please let me
know.

Brett

string I was told to hit - I had no understanding of why I was doing what I was
doing.  There was no connection between the strings.  I couldn't add notes to
fill out the song at all.  Brett had me doing that and more in a just the first
three lessons!'"These lessons make it easy for anyone to learn to play the
hammered dulcimer, even those with no music experience at all! --Mary, Iowa

"The lessons arrived safely this morning. I have listened (and I must confess
already played along with) the introductory CD and just wish to express my
gratitude to you for making available such well thought out workshop style
lessons with such infinite patience for the use of newcomers far away from any
traditional centre of dulcimer playing." --Alan, Arizona

  "I've been struggling with my HD for more years than most of today's players
have been around. I live in the suburbs of Seattle and have no access to any
one close to me that teaches by ear.  I've only just started with Brett's tapes
but feel that this is the approach that I've been looking for. I don't read
music and rely on my hearing to learn tunes. Brett has set up a very simple
system that even I can understand. After 20 years of on and off attempts at
learning the HD, I'm now beginning to make real progress with Brett's series of
instructional tapes. I feel this is a real break through for me and I thank
Brett for giving me hope when I'd given up! I am progressing (slowly) but I'll
tell you it's a GREAT improvement over any other method I've tried in the last
20 years! I feel so good about the progress I've made. I'm a sold believer in
your teaching methods."
--Evie Scott, WA

www.homestead.com/homesteadcreek
www.homestead.com/makemusic