Re: [HD] Christmas music

To: hammered dulcimers <hammered_dulcimers@lists.fmp.com>
Subject: Re: [HD] Christmas music
From: Rick Fogel <whamdiddle5o@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 08:46:42 -0800
Sender: hammered_dulcimers-bounces+hdlist=bobcatos.com@lists.fmp.com
Your question has hit a nerve. I think it is most important to play music that you love and that moves you. That is how you move your audience. If I played music that I thought someone else would like but was not something that I liked then I would not be playing to my greatest potential. The pieces that are most loved by my listeners are the pieces that I love the most.

That said, I love to play phrases of We Three Kings interspersed with the phrases of Carol of the Bells. Another favorite is alternating Jingle Bells and St. Anne's Reel when playing for contra dancers at this time of year.

Where the spirit does not work with the hand there is no art. Leonardo De Vinci (1452-1519)

Rick
              *
              |                            ^^^ ^ ^
     __  =+=__                  ^ ^^^ ^ ^ ^
    /                   \               ^  ^    ^ ^  ^^
=============      /       ^     ^          \
             |_|  /                    Rick  Fogel          \
             |_| /                  WHAMDIDDLE       \
             |_|/       1916 Pike Place Suite 12-906
             |_|                   Seattle WA 98101        \
            //_\\                     206-910-8259
           // _ \\             rick@whamdiddle.com