Re: [HD] Christmas music

To: hammered dulcimers <hammered_dulcimers@lists.fmp.com>
Subject: Re: [HD] Christmas music
From: Cindy Ribet <cribet@frontier.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 12:13:46 -0500
Sender: hammered_dulcimers-bounces+hdlist=bobcatos.com@lists.fmp.com
my favs-
*Carol of the Bells - because it is so easy and impressive and is easy and fun to improvise. *Ding Dong Merrily On High - lots of Fun - easy - people love the feel of it. (by the way... that will be featured on the Dec issue of dulcimersessions.com with three printable versions from easy to advanced) I Saw Three Ships - because I can do it with both hands tied behind my back.... well... not really, but you get it. Little Drummer Boy - because of the cool rhythmic things that seem appropriate to the tune.
*Silver Bells -  because I think that is a very pretty song.
*Sleigh Ride - which is not easy but it is fun, especially if you have some accompaniment.
Most of the Carols

Geesh.... and all the others except Good King Wensceslas because I think it is a 'yuck' tune. (don't anyone take offense... just MY oppinion.)

And the ones that OTHER people seem to like.
The ones above with (*) / Jingle Bells / White Christmas / And any standard and familiar carol they can sing along with....

Cindy Ribet