Re: [HD] Christmas music

To: hammered dulcimers <hammered_dulcimers@lists.fmp.com>
Subject: Re: [HD] Christmas music
From: Bob McClure Jr <bob@bobcatos.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 11:19:26 -0600
Sender: hammered_dulcimers-bounces+hdlist=bobcatos.com@lists.fmp.com
On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 09:09:15AM -0500, Sharon Gartley wrote:
> I was just wondering, what is your favorite holiday music to play,

- "Bring a Torch, Jeannette, Isabella" and "Still, Still, Still",
  mostly Linda Lowe Thompson's arrangements in her Christmas book.

- "To Drive the Cold Winter Away", mostly Linda Lowe Thompson's
  arrangement, which I think will appear in her next Christmas book.
  This tune was published in DPN a couple years ago for mountain
  dulcimer, but I thought the chords listed were much inferior to
  Linda's.

- I also like to play a medley of "Away In A Manger" in two or three
  of the commonly used tunes for that song, and then finish with a
  neat Mexican lullaby, "A La Rorro Niño", that Cathy Barton Para
  taught us at a Sawdust Festival workshop in Bennington, OK, IIRC.  I
  usually change keys between G and D through the medley.

> and what
> pieces seem to be loved most by your listeners?

Can't say I have a very discerning audience.  They like it all.

> I hope you all had a good Thanksgiving! Blessings!
>
> Sharon

Cheers,
bob@bobcatos.com             http://www.bobcatos.com
Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to
associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited.
Romans 12:16 (NIV)