Re: [HD] Looking for someone to perform "A Star in the East" in Mercersb

To: "hammered dulcimers" <hammered_dulcimers@lists.fmp.com>
Subject: Re: [HD] Looking for someone to perform "A Star in the East" in Mercersburg, PA
From: "Stan Ransom" <sransom@northnet.org>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 13:10:15 -0500
Sender: hammered_dulcimers-bounces+hdlist=bobcatos.com@lists.fmp.com
Hi Ken, Mary Ann Samuels, of Burlington, VT, did a fine job  with it at one of
our Plattsburgh, NY schools a few years ago.
Mary Ann Samuels studied music at Hendrix College and the University of
Vermont. She also studied privately with Steven Light (recorders) and Susan
Borg (voice and piano). In the late 1970?s she began playing tin whistles and
dulcimers, and performed with many folk groups. She recorded two cassettes of
music for children, and one that features hammered dulcimer. Mary Ann has
taught music in public and private schools since 1982. She has also taught
numerous private lessons, workshops and summer camps. She currently performs
with Susan Reit, with the recorder ensemble Full Circle, and with Aurora.  Her
telephone number:
802-658-0832
Stan Ransom
The Connecticut Peddler