[HD] Friday, May 4 Concert: Elke Baker, Ken Kolodner, Edward & Elin (fro

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [HD] Friday, May 4 Concert: Elke Baker, Ken Kolodner, Edward & Elin (from Sweden)
From: Kenkolodner@aol.com
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 16:28:25 EDT
Sender: hammered_dulcimers-bounces+hdlist=bobcatos.com@lists.fmp.com

Hello  everyone:
Please  join Scottish National Fiddle Champion Elke Baker and I (fiddle,
hammered  dulcimer and hammered mbira) in an acoustic concert on Friday, May 4
at
7  pm  with special guests âElin and Edwardâ from Sweden.
After  learning that two master nyckelharpa players from Sweden  would be
touring the U.S.,  I thought that this would be a great opportunity to have
them
join in a concert.  I had met one the players, Elin, a few years back at a
festival in WV. I also  have wanted to do a completely acoustic concert with
Elke
in Baltimore.  Elke Baker and I have recorded several  times together (most
recently on âThe Journey to the Heartlandâ) and have often  performed as a
duo.
If  you have never heard the nyckleharpa, that is all the more reason to come
to the  show! Elin and Edward (also a fiddler) are widely known in Sweden
for their performances of this exotic instrument.  They have toured widely
through Sweden  and will be completing their first tour of the U.S.
Location:  The Stony Run Friends Meeting House, 5116  N. Charles St.,
Baltimore, MD 21210.  There is plenty of parking at Friends School.
Tickets  are $17.50 in advance and $20 at the door.  Kids 12 and under are
$15.
To  order tickets via mail, send $17.50 plus a SASE to Ken Kolodner, 3806
Fenchurch Rd., Baltimore, MD 21218.  For further info, call 410-243-7254 or
email me at _kenkolodner@aol.com_ (mailto:kenkolodner@aol.com)
_www.kenkolodner.com_ (http://www.kenkolodner.com/)
âOutstanding!"âThe New York  Times
ââmarvelousâdelightfulââ-- The  Washington Post
âânot  to be missedâââUSA Today
"  the rhythmic energy and deep emotions that Baker generates with her bowâ
.Baker's  fiddle nearly throws off sparks,"--  The Washington Post
ALSO:  On Wednesday, May 2, Elin and  Edward, hammered dulcimer player
Christie Burns and guitarist/mountain dulcimer  player Butch Ross, and I will
be
joining forces for a contra dance at Lovely  Lane.  This should be a most
unusual
band!   _http://www.bfms.org/events/squarecontra.html_
(http://www.bfms.org/events/squarecontra.html)
If  you do not want to receive further concert announcements for Ken Kolodner
or Helicon  (about 3-5 per year), simply respond to this email by saying
PLEASE REMOVE.