Re: [HD] "Advanced" Irish music?

To: hammered dulcimers <hammered_dulcimers@lists.fmp.com>
Subject: Re: [HD] "Advanced" Irish music?
From: Peggy Carter <dulcicar@houston.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 13:14:50 -0600
Sender: hammered_dulcimers-bounces+hdlist=bobcatos.com@lists.fmp.com
You mentioned two of the most complete books of Irish music. Also,
Maggie Sansone's "Big Book Of Celtic Tunes" is good. Go to her website:
www.maggiesmusic.com.

I think the challenge is: add your own embellishments, ornaments and
variations to the short tunes to make them more interesting.
If you're looking for pieces that are already longer to start with try
the Kilfenora Jig... it has about 7 different sections. Also there are
many 3-part jigs and reels (by that I don't mean harmony parts, I mean
they have 3 different sections, not just the A & B.) Straway Child is
one that comes to mind, also Gravel Walk... both are more challenging
than some of the run-of-the-mill tunes.

Check out my website where you can order tunes a la carte:
www.peggycarter.com.

Hope this helps. Peggy